Tuesday, May 17, 2011

A priceless paiting.

Dali and Picasso are my favourite artists. Now I want to show you the most exeptional picture I 've ever seen. Unfortunately, I've missed my chance to see it in museum in Czech Republic. Here it is:

Dream Caused by the Flight of a Bumblebee around a Pomegranate a Second Before Awakening.jpg
It is called 'Dream Caused by the Flight of a Bee Around a Pomegranate a Second Before Awakening' and was paited in 1944. In this painting Dali represented his sleeping wife Gala (who was Russian, by the way). Everything we can see is her dream before waking-up. She is hovering over the sea of  unconscious. Dali painted it under the impact of  Z.Freud's theory of long close sleep, which causes fantastic actions at the end of it, if smth disturbs the person. Here we can see that the bit of the bee transformed into a gun.
I realy like this painting because of its colours, singularity and symbolism for me.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kate! I am a Dali fan, too, that's amazing that some of our students like him! Have you studied the surrealistic art anywhere before? I attended courses at the Museum of Modern Art, it's located not far from here, at Krasnopresnenskaya. The lecturer was great - he told us and showed so many interesting paintings and photoes! I recommend you attending this course if you have some free time in future! Madina.

    ReplyDelete